Workshop: Getting to grips with Rustics
A review of this workshop will be published in due course.
Workshop details & materials:
Enjoy learning this most elegant of Roman Classical hands and discover that it is not as mysterious as you might have thought. This is a hand that can be adapted and modernised (if you wish) and is good for developing calligraphic skills.
ALSO: We will use colour and some basic gilding to achieve some stunning results.
Date | Saturday 29 February 2020
Time | 10 am to 4 pm
Venue | Felindre Welfare Hall, Felindre Swansea, SA5 7NA
This workshop will cost £30 for members of South Wales Scribes (£35 for non-members). There will be a minimum requirement for 10 to 12 places or the workshop may have to be cancelled. The maximum number of places will be around 18-20.
- Usual calligraphy materials and tools
- Layout paper
- Smooth, good quality cartridge paper
- Coloured paper such as Canson or pastel paper (Limited supplies available from Peter)
- Designers colour gouache and Winsor and Newton Calligraphy ink or similar (Limited supplies) available from Peter).
- Gold leaf, PVA medium and Glassine. Peter will be able to supply these – Gold leaf (£1 a sheet – better option if you don’t have some already.) There may also be a charge for the other items noted above, eg, coloured paper.